The fame of the restaurant and cafe, which for years has been the leading eating house in Newark and is known as the Kuster Restaurant, run and managed under the firm name of and co, has extended to all sections of Ohio. the business which is located at Nos 26-28-30 north park place has been est may years and enjoys the good will and patronage of more people in Newark and Licking County than all the other restaurants in the city combined. The Kuster co is composed of jos Kuster Sr, J W Hohl and Mrs Ida Lawlor, the latter being the business mgr and to her excellent business qualities and foresight the trade has increased greatly in the past few years. Mrs Ida T Lawlor gives all her time to the many little details which help to make a large est of this kind a success and that her efforts have borne fruit is evinced by the large patronage enjoyed. The renowned dinners given each month by the beech Island club, which is famed for its hospitality and fine spreads is the work of Mr Jos Kuster who always superintends the preparation of the different meats and trimmings for these affairs, giving them the same attention he does with each meal as it is prepared at the restaurant every day in the year. The est occupies an entire building, two stories in height, containing large and well appointed banquet rooms, ladies and gents dinning rooms and lunch counters, all of which enjoy the best service obtainable. Mr Joseph Kuster Sr by whom the business was est is a native of Germany, where he was born in 1837. He has been a resident of Newark for many years and is considered one of the most substantial businessmen of the city. He is honored member of the Knight of Pythias.
Reference: Chalmers Pancoast, Google Books, N N Hill, Licking County Public Library